Maps [Qing jun wei gong Jinling tu]. [清军圍攻金陵图]. / View of Jinling under siege by the Qing army
About this Item
- [Qing jun wei gong Jinling tu].
- Other Title
- View of Jinling under siege by the Qing army
- Contributor Names
- Hummel, Arthur W. (Arthur William), 1884-1975.
- Created / Published
- [Between 1853 and 1856]
- Subject Headings
- - China--History--Taiping Rebellion, 1850-1864--Maps
- - Nanjing (Jiangsu Sheng, China)--Aerial views
- - China
- - China--Jiangsu Sheng--Nanjing
- - Title supplied.
- - Manuscript on silk.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Bird's-eye-view.
- - Shows the locations of all the provincial attacking forces.
- - Previous supplied title: Qing jun guang fu Nanjing tu.
- - Hummel purchase 1930, no. 25.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Fragile, torn at fold lines.
- - Previous call number: G7824.N3R3 1865 .Q5 Vault Shelf
- - AACR2: 651/1; 651/2
- 1 ms. map : col., mounted on scroll ; 91 x 145 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G7824.N3R3 1856 .Q5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hummel, Arthur W. [Qing jun wei gong Jinling tu]. [Between 1853 and 1856, 1853] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005033/. (Accessed February 26, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Hummel, A. W. (1853) [Qing jun wei gong Jinling tu]. [Between 1853 and 1856] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005033/.
MLA citation style:
Hummel, Arthur W. [Qing jun wei gong Jinling tu]. [Between 1853 and 1856, 1853] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005033/>.