Maps [Liang Huai yan chang ji si sheng xing yan tu].
About this Item
- [Liang Huai yan chang ji si sheng xing yan tu].
- Other Title
- Si sheng xing yan tu
- Map of two Huai salt fields and transportation in four provinces
- Contributor Names
- Hummel, Arthur W. (Arthur William), 1884-1975.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Salt industry and trade--China--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Salt--Transportation--China--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - China--Maps, Pictorial
- - China--Maps, Manuscript
- - China
- - Pictorial map.
- - Covers Jiangnan, Jiangxi, Huguang, Henan in central China,.
- - Shows distribution of salt industry and trade in the four provinces.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Title supplied.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Oriented with north to the bottom.
- - Imperfect: torn at right.
- - "Shanzhou quan tu" on verso.
- - English translation: Map of two Huai salt fields and transporation in four provinces.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes text which explains the quota of salt allowed in each county, and describes the waterways and land routes for salt transportation to each province.
- - Note on typed description: "Apparently wrong number. Hummel purchase 1934, #14 is ..."
- - Purchase; Arthur William Hummel; 1934, no. 14.
- - Previous call number: G7821.Q3 1754 .S5 Vault Shelf
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 95 x 174 cm., folded to 24 x 15 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G7821.Q3 1736 .L5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hummel, Arthur W. [Liang Huai yan chang ji si sheng xing yan tu]. [?, 1736] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005050/. (Accessed September 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Hummel, A. W. (1736) [Liang Huai yan chang ji si sheng xing yan tu]. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005050/.
MLA citation style:
Hummel, Arthur W. [Liang Huai yan chang ji si sheng xing yan tu]. [?, 1736] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005050/>.