Maps Sankai yochi zenzu.
About this Item
- Sankai yochi zenzu.
- Contributor Names
- Nagakubo, Sekisui, 1717-1801.
- Ricci, Matteo, 1552-1610.
- Created / Published
- Naniwa, Akitaya Taemon [1785?]
- Subject Headings
- - World maps--Early works to 1800
- - Earth
- - Scale ca. 1:27,000,000 at the equator.
- - Wood block print, hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Shows continents and oceans of the world at about 1600.
- - Based on Matteo Ricci's World map which was published in China in 1602.
- - Includes text.
- - At head of text: Chikyū bankoku sankai yochi zenzu setsu.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- 1 map : col. 70 x 148 cm. folded in cover 29 x 18 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3200 1785 .N31
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Nagakubo, Sekisui, and Matteo Ricci. Sankai Yochi Zenzu. [Naniwa, Akitaya Taemon ?, 1785] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005079/. (Accessed October 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Nagakubo, S. & Ricci, M. (1785) Sankai Yochi Zenzu. [Naniwa, Akitaya Taemon ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005079/.
MLA citation style:
Nagakubo, Sekisui, and Matteo Ricci. Sankai Yochi Zenzu. [Naniwa, Akitaya Taemon ?, 1785] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005079/>.