Map [Ming shi san ling tu]. [明十三陵图] / Map of the Ming Dynasty Tombs
About this Item
- [Ming shi san ling tu].
- Map of the Ming Dynasty Tombs
- Hummel, Arthur W. (Arthur William), Sr., 1884-1975.
Created / Published
- [After 1757]
- - Ming Tombs (China)--Aerial views--Early works to 1800
- - Ming Tombs (China)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - China--Ming Tombs
- Early maps
- Manuscript maps
- Aerial views
- - Perspective map not drawn to scale.
- - Title supplied.
- - Manuscript on silk.
- - Brush-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Bird's-eye view.
- - Shows the sites of the 13 Ming emperors' tombs and their environs, including the Great Wall and its strategic gates near Beijing.
- - Hummel purchase 1930, no. 17.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes descriptive notes.
- - Previous call number:G7822.M5A3 1795 .M5 Vault Oversize
- - AACR2
- col. map on sheet 67 x 131 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G7822.M5A3 1757 .M5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hummel, Arthur W. , Sr. Ming Shi San Ling Tu. [After, 1757] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005138/.
APA citation style:
Hummel, A. W. (1757) Ming Shi San Ling Tu. [After] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005138/.
MLA citation style:
Hummel, Arthur W. , Sr. Ming Shi San Ling Tu. [After, 1757] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71005138/>.