Map Edo ōezu, eiri 江戶大絵図, 絵入 /
About this Item
- Edo ōezu, eiri
- 江戶大絵図, 絵入 /
- Nakamura, Ichiemon, active 17th century, cartographer.
Created / Published
- [Tokyo] : [producer not identified], Enpō 6 
- - Real property--Japan--Tokyo--Maps
- - Tokyo (Japan)--Maps
- - Japan--Tokyo
- Early maps
- - Scale approximately 1:10,000.
- - Manuscript map in watercolor, hand colored, wood block print.
- - Covers Edo Castle and the surrounding area.
- - Cover title.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Japanese.
- - Cadastral map showing landowners.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - Publication date hand written in note,"延寶六年辰ノ五日吉日."
- - Includes distance chart from Nihonbashi, "日本橋ヨリ・かうぢ町 ... 三十二丁."
- - Identical map in Tokyo University Collection, publication date on the map, "延寶五丁巳九月吉辰日" Eihō 5 (1677) edition, wood printing, black and white.
- - LC copy has ownership stamped: "小澤文庫" (Ozawa Bunko); collector's name detail information inferred from National Institute of Japanese Literature Online Ownership Stamp Database, March 25, 2020, "蔵書印データベース," shows "蔵書印主小沢圭次郎 (おざわけいじろう)," Ozawa Keijirō. DLC
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand colored ; 134 x 149 cm, sheets 134 x 75 cm, folded in cover 26 x 17 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G7964.T7G46 1676 .N3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Nakamura, Ichiemon, Active 17Th Century, Cartographer. Edo Ōezu, Eiri. [Tokyo: producer not identified, Enpō 6, 1676] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005163/.
APA citation style:
Nakamura, I. (1676) Edo Ōezu, Eiri. [Tokyo: producer not identified, Enpō 6] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005163/.
MLA citation style:
Nakamura, Ichiemon, Active 17Th Century, Cartographer. Edo Ōezu, Eiri. [Tokyo: producer not identified, Enpō 6, 1676] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71005163/>.