Map Dai Nihon kokugun yochi zenzu. 大日本国郡輿地全圖. / Kaei shinzō Dai Nihon kokugun yochi zenzu / Nihon dōchūki
About this Item
- Dai Nihon kokugun yochi zenzu.
- Kaei shinzō Dai Nihon kokugun yochi zenzu
- Nihon dōchūki
- Takashiba, Sanʾyū, active 19th century.
Created / Published
- Edo Minami Denmachō : Tsutaya Kichizō, Kaei 2 
- - Japan--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Japan--Maps
- - Japan
- - Map covers Matsmae to Ryūkyū Okinawa, Hachijōjima, Chōsen nantan.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Map shows cities and towns, distance, boundaries, longitude line.
- - Cover title.
- - Wood block print.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Japanese.
- - Other title, "Kaei shinzō Dai Nihon kokugun yochi zenzu" on cover, "Nihon dōchūki" in note.
- - Includes distance chart from Edo, "Musashi no kuni jū Edo shokoku dōhō no ki."
- - LC copy 1 has cover; copy 2 in two sheets without cover.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - "嘉永二己酉盃冬日 東都 高柴英三雄."
- - Other title, "嘉永新増大日本国郡輿地全圖" on cover, "日本道中記" in note.
- - Includes distance chart from Edo, "武藏國從江戶諸國道法之記."
- 1 map color, on sheet 73 x 145 cm, folded in cover 25 x 18 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G7961.F7 1849 .T3
- G7961.F7 1849 .T3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Takashiba, SanʾYū, Active 19Th Century. Dai Nihon kokugun yochi zenzu. [Edo Minami Denmachō: Tsutaya Kichizō, Kaei 2, 1849] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005191/.
APA citation style:
Takashiba, S. (1849) Dai Nihon kokugun yochi zenzu. [Edo Minami Denmachō: Tsutaya Kichizō, Kaei 2] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005191/.
MLA citation style:
Takashiba, SanʾYū, Active 19Th Century. Dai Nihon kokugun yochi zenzu. [Edo Minami Denmachō: Tsutaya Kichizō, Kaei 2, 1849] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71005191/>.