Map Oedo ōezu 御江戶大繪圖 / / Ansei kaisei Oedo ōezu
About this Item
- Oedo ōezu
- 御江戶大繪圖 /
- Ansei kaisei Oedo ōezu
- Takai, Ranzan, 1762-1838.
Created / Published
- Edo : Izumoji Manjirō : Okadaya Kashichi, Man'en 1 
- - Real property--Japan--Tokyo--Maps
- - Tokyo (Japan)--Maps
- - Japan--Tokyo
- Pictorial maps
- - Title inferred from National Diet Library OPAC, March, 27, 2020.
- - Created original map in Genroku 9 i.e. 1696
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Wood block print.
- - LC copy annotated in black ink for points of interest and historic events.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Cadastral map showing landowners.
- - Japanese.
- - Includes distance chart and list of daily events in Edo for 1860.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 116 x 131 cm. on 2 sheets 123 x 69 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G7964.T7G46 1860 .T31
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Chicago citation style:
Takai, Ranzan. Oedo Ōezu. [Edo: Izumoji Manjirō: Okadaya Kashichi, Man'en 1, 1860] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005195/.
APA citation style:
Takai, R. (1860) Oedo Ōezu. [Edo: Izumoji Manjirō: Okadaya Kashichi, Man'en 1] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005195/.
MLA citation style:
Takai, Ranzan. Oedo Ōezu. [Edo: Izumoji Manjirō: Okadaya Kashichi, Man'en 1, 1860] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71005195/>.