Map Edo ōezu 江戶大繪圖 /
About this Item
- Edo ōezu
- 江戶大繪圖 /
- Ochikochi Dōin, active 17th century.
Created / Published
- [Tokyo?] : Kyōjiya Kahē, Empō 4 i.e. 
- - Real property--Japan--Tokyo--Maps
- - Tokyo (Japan)--Maps
- - Japan--Tokyo
- Early maps
- - Cover title.
- - Wood block print.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Japanese.
- - Cadastral map showing landowners.
- - LC copy annotated in black ink in upper right corner.
- - Reduced ed. of official map compiled by Hōjō Awa no Kami.
- - Includes text and inset.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- - Note in upper right mentions Edo (Tokyo) big fire in Bunsei 12-nen (1829) "文政拾弐年巳丑参月十二日江戶大火."
- col. map 180 x 194 cm. on 2 sheets 90 x 193 cm. fold. in cover 23 x 22 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G7964.T7G46 1676 .O3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ochikochi Dōin, Active 17Th Century. Edo Ōezu. [Tokyo?: Kyōjiya Kahē, Empō 4 i.e, 1676] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005200/.
APA citation style:
Ochikochi Dōin, A. 1. C. (1676) Edo Ōezu. [Tokyo?: Kyōjiya Kahē, Empō 4 i.e] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005200/.
MLA citation style:
Ochikochi Dōin, Active 17Th Century. Edo Ōezu. [Tokyo?: Kyōjiya Kahē, Empō 4 i.e, 1676] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71005200/>.