Map West Point, surveyed a coup d'oeil the 24th October, laid down the 27th October 1783.
About this Item
- West Point, surveyed a coup d'oeil the 24th October, laid down the 27th October 1783.
- Hinncks, John.
Created / Published
- - West Point (N.Y.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)--West Point
- - Scale ca. 1:21,000.
- - Manuscript, pencil.
- - Has watermarks.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Includes "References" and notes on structure, strength, and location of fortifications and profiles of "Fort Putnam" and "Fort Willit."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1207
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 440; 651
- map, 59 x 49 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3804.W53S3 1783 .H5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hinncks, John. West Point, surveyed a coup d'oeil the 24th October, laid down the 27th October.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005428/.
APA citation style:
Hinncks, J. (1783) West Point, surveyed a coup d'oeil the 24th October, laid down the 27th October. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005428/.
MLA citation style:
Hinncks, John. West Point, surveyed a coup d'oeil the 24th October, laid down the 27th October.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71005428/>.