Maps A chorographical map of the Northern Department of North-America,
About this Item
- A chorographical map of the Northern Department of North-America,
- Contributor Names
- Cóvens et Mortier.
- Klockhoff, H.
- Created / Published
- [Amsterdam] 1780.
- Subject Headings
- - Northeast Atlantic States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Northeast Atlantic States--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Land grants--New York (State)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--New York (State)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - United States--New England
- - United States--New York (State)
- - Scale ca. 1:768,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Oriented with north toward the lower left.
- - Shows land grants and purchases in northeastern New York State and granted townships in Vermont and parts of New Hampshire, and Massachusetts.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 828
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 110; 651/1; 651/2; 650/3; 650/4
- col. map 52 x 63 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3715 1780 .C6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsCóvens Et Mortier
LocationMiddle Atlantic States
Northeast Atlantic States
SubjectsAdministrative and Political Divisions
Early Works to 1800
Middle Atlantic States
New York (state)
Northeast Atlantic States
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cóvens Et Mortier, and H Klockhoff. A chorographical map of the Northern Department of North-America. [Amsterdam, 1780] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005472/. (Accessed September 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Cóvens Et Mortier & Klockhoff, H. (1780) A chorographical map of the Northern Department of North-America. [Amsterdam] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005472/.
MLA citation style:
Cóvens Et Mortier, and H Klockhoff. A chorographical map of the Northern Department of North-America. [Amsterdam, 1780] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005472/>.