Map The United States of America laid down from the best authorities, agreeable to the Peace of 1783.
About this Item
- The United States of America laid down from the best authorities, agreeable to the Peace of 1783.
- Contributor Names
- Wallis, John, 1714-1793.
- Created / Published
- London, 1783.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States
- - Scale ca. 1:6,336,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Prime meridian: London.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 754
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 47 x 56 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3700 1783 .W3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- American Women: A Gateway to Library of Congress Resources for the Study of Women's History and Culture in the United States (269)
- American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750 to 1789 (1,432)
- Military Battles and Campaigns (4,483)
- Geography and Map Division (55,350)
- American Memory (512,545)
- Library of Congress Online Catalog (1,172,011)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Wallis, John. The United States of America laid down from the best authorities, agreeable to the Peace of. London, 1783. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005486/.
APA citation style:
Wallis, J. (1783) The United States of America laid down from the best authorities, agreeable to the Peace of. London. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005486/.
MLA citation style:
Wallis, John. The United States of America laid down from the best authorities, agreeable to the Peace of. London, 1783. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71005486/>.
More Maps like this
MapAn accurate map of the English colonies in North America, bordering on the river Ohio. Covers from Maine to South Carolina and west to Lake Michigan. Relief shown pictorially. From Universal magazine of knowledge and pleasure, Dec., 1754, v. 15, pg. 241 LC maps of North America,...
- Date: 1754
MapA map of the United States of America, as settled by the peace of 1783. Relief shown pictorially. Covers the area east of the Mississippi River from Canada to Florida. In the middle upper margin: European magazine. From volume 4 of the European magazine and London review....
- Contributor: Fielding, John
- Date: 1783
MapPartie des États-Unis de l'Amérique septentrionale. Scale ca. 1:330,000. Relief shown pictorially. "Méridien de Philadelphie à 75⁰ 13ʹ de longitude ouest de Londres." Inset: Nouvelle carte du Canada supérieur et inférieur [ca. 1:17,500,000] LC Maps of North America,...
- Date: 1780
MapA new map of North America, shewing the advantages obtain'd therein to England by the peace Relief shown pictorially. Shows the area from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico and the Mississippi River to the Chesapeake Bay. Accompanied by text: A succinct account of the countries ceded to...
- Date: 1763
MapPartie septentrionale des possessions angloise en Amérique : pour servire d'intelligence à la guerre présente entre ...
Partie septentrionale des possessions angloise en Amérique. Partie méridionale des possessions angloise en Amerique Relief shown pictorially. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault
- Contributor: Mitchell, John
- Date: 1778