Maps A draught of Delaware Bay.
About this Item
- A draught of Delaware Bay.
- Contributor Names
- Taylor, Richard, 1749-1825.
- Jann, Captain.
- Hamond, Andrew Snape, Sir, 1738-1828.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--Delaware Bay (Del. and N.J.)--Early works to 1800
- - Delaware Bay (Del. and N.J.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Delaware--Delaware Bay
- - United States--New Jersey--Delaware Bay
- - Scale ca. 1:127,000.
- - Title on verso: Delaware River from Capt. Hamond. River Delaware, 226.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Oriented with north toward the lower right.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - Shows ship channels.
- - Includes "A tide table."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1354
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 650/1; 651/2
- col. map 53 x 113 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3832.D4P5 177- .T3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsHamond, Andrew Snape
Delaware Bay (Del. And N.J.)
Early Works to 1800
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Taylor, Richard, Captain Jann, and Andrew Snape Hamond. A draught of Delaware Bay. [177, 1770] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm72003568/. (Accessed January 20, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Taylor, R., Jann, C. & Hamond, A. S. (1770) A draught of Delaware Bay.  [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm72003568/.
MLA citation style:
Taylor, Richard, Captain Jann, and Andrew Snape Hamond. A draught of Delaware Bay. [177, 1770] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gm72003568/>.