Maps Buzzards Bay and shoals of Nantucket.
About this Item
- Buzzards Bay and shoals of Nantucket.
- Contributor Names
- Knight, John.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Buzzards Bay (Mass. : Bay)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Nantucket Sound (Mass.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Nautical charts--Massachusetts--Buzzards Bay (Bay)--Early works to 1800
- - Nautical charts--Massachusetts--Nantucket Sound--Early works to 1800
- - Coasts--Massachusetts--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Massachusetts--Buzzards Bay
- - United States--Massachusetts--Nantucket Sound
- - Scale ca. 1:100,000.
- - Title on verso: Nantucket Shoals and Buzzards's Bay by Lieutt. Knight, 1778.
- - Soundings shown in fathoms.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink, pencil, and watercolor.
- - Watermark: Large fleur-de-lis in a shield surmounted by a crown over an undecipherable figure, all of which are over the letters GR and J. Whatman.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 984
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1; 651/2; 650/3; 650/4; 650/5
- col. map on sheet 55 x 101 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3762.B8 1778 .K6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Buzzards Bay Bay
Buzzards Bay (bay)
Buzzards Bay (mass. : Bay)
Early Works to 1800
Nantucket Sound (mass.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Knight, John. Buzzards Bay and shoals of Nantucket.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm72003569/. (Accessed September 29, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Knight, J. (1778) Buzzards Bay and shoals of Nantucket. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm72003569/.
MLA citation style:
Knight, John. Buzzards Bay and shoals of Nantucket.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gm72003569/>.