Maps A draught of the Bay of Honduras and part of the Musquetto Shore.
About this Item
- A draught of the Bay of Honduras and part of the Musquetto Shore.
- Contributor Names
- Robertson, George, master of H. M. S. Dolphin.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--Honduras, Gulf of--Early works to 1800
- - Nautical charts--Honduras--Trujillo Bay--Early works to 1800
- - Honduras, Gulf of--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Honduras--Honduras, Gulf of
- - Honduras--Trujillo Bay
- - Scale ca. 1:435,000.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Watermark: Large fleur-de-lis in a shield surmounted by a crown over a cross, all over an undecipherable mark and the letters LVC.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 2128
- - LC Luso-Hispanic World, 60
- - Includes descriptive notes and "A large draught of Trusillo Bay of lattid. 16⁰14ʹ No., variation 6⁰30ʹ e[as]terly," ca. 1:38,000.
- - Shows part of the coasts of Honduras and Belize.
- - In pencil: 31.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 650/1; 650/2; 651/3
- col. map 75 x 107 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4802.H6P5 1764 .R61
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Robertson, George, Master Of H. M. S. Dolphin. A draught of the Bay of Honduras and part of the Musquetto Shore. [?, 1764] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm72003581/. (Accessed July 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Robertson, G. (1764) A draught of the Bay of Honduras and part of the Musquetto Shore. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm72003581/.
MLA citation style:
Robertson, George, Master Of H. M. S. Dolphin. A draught of the Bay of Honduras and part of the Musquetto Shore. [?, 1764] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gm72003581/>.