Photos, Prints, Drawings [Portrait of Bart Varselona, 1947 or 1948]
About this Item
- [Portrait of Bart Varselona, 1947 or 1948]
- Contributor Names
- Gottlieb, William P. -- 1917- (photographer)
- Created / Published
- 1947, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Varselona, Bart
- - Stan Kenton Orchestra
- - Jazz musicians -- 1940-1950
- - Trombonists -- 1940-1950
- - Reference print available in Music Division, Library of Congress.
- - Purchase William P. Gottlieb
- - General information about the Gottlieb Collection is available at http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/ihas/html/gottlieb/gottlieb-home.html
- - Forms part of: William P. Gottlieb Collection (Library of Congress).
- - Gottlieb Collection Assignment No. 176 (gottlieb assignment)
- - 176 (assignment)
- - LC-GLB23-0528 DLC (stock number)
- - http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.music/gottlieb.05281 (url)
- electronic resource
- nonprojected graphic
- 1 negative : b&w ; 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 in.
- Music Division
- Access Condition
- Mr. Gottlieb has dedicated these works to the public domain, but rights of privacy and publicity may apply.
- LC Classification
- LC-GLB23- 0528
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
In accordance with the wishes of William Gottlieb, the photographs in this collection entered into the public domain on February 16, 2010, but rights of privacy and publicity may apply. Privacy and publicity rights protect the interests of the person(s) who may be the subject(s) of the work or intellectual creation. Users of photographs in the Gottlieb collection are responsible for clearing any privacy or publicity rights associated with the use of the images.
The following items are included in the William P. Gottlieb Collection with permission as noted:
Articles from Down Beat magazine by William Gottlieb and others, Ed Enright, Editor, Down Beat magazine, 102 North Haven Road, Elmhurst, IL 60126-3370.
"The Faces of Jazz," by W. Royal Stokes, Civilization, vol. 2, no. 5, September-October 1995, Civilizaton, Attn. Managing Editor, 666 Pennsylvania Ave. SE, Suite 303, Washington, D.C. 20003. Reproduced by permission. All rights reserved.
Credit Line: William P. Gottlieb/Ira and Leonore S. Gershwin Fund Collection, Music Division, Library of Congress.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gottlieb, William P. [Portrait of Bart Varselona, 1947 or 1948]. , Monographic, 1947. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gottlieb.05281/. (Accessed January 21, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Gottlieb, W. P. (1947) [Portrait of Bart Varselona, 1947 or 1948]. , Monographic. [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gottlieb.05281/.
MLA citation style:
Gottlieb, William P. [Portrait of Bart Varselona, 1947 or 1948]. , Monographic, 1947. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gottlieb.05281/>.