Maps Plan of the battle of Savage's Station, Virginia, fought Sunday, 29th June 1862
About this Item
- Plan of the battle of Savage's Station, Virginia, fought Sunday, 29th June 1862
- Concerns the Battle of Savage's Station, Henrico County, Va., which was one of the Seven Days' Battles, 26 June-1 July 1862.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Subject Headings
- - Franklin, William Buel,--1823-1903
- - Heintzelman, Samuel Peter,--1805-1880
- - United States.--Army of the Potomac.--Corps, 3rd
- - United States.--Army of the Potomac.--Corps, 6th
- - Seven Days' Battles, 1862--Maps
- - Savage's Station (Va.), Battle of, 1862--Maps
- - Henrico County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Henrico County
- - Seven Days' Battles
- - Bottom margin of map: "Copy of map made for Genl. S. P. Heintzelman, 3rd Corps, by R.K.S."
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a color photocopy of this scrapbook image.
- - Original scrapbook housed in the Museum Department of the Virginia Historical Society (1994.80.4-525) with restricted access.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Robert Knox Sneden diary (Mss5:1 Sn237:1), Virginia Historical Society.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Scrapbook, 1870-1899 (p. 162).
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 23 x 20 cm. on sheet 35 x 45 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- Online Format
ContributorsSneden, Robert Knox
SubjectsArmy of the Potomac
Franklin, William Buel
Heintzelman, Samuel Peter
Henrico County (va.)
Savage's Station (va.), Battle of
Seven Days' Battles
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Plan of the battle of Savage's Station, Virginia, fought Sunday, 29th June 1862. 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00009/. (Accessed September 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Sneden, R. K. (1862) Plan of the battle of Savage's Station, Virginia, fought Sunday, 29th June 1862. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00009/.
MLA citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Plan of the battle of Savage's Station, Virginia, fought Sunday, 29th June 1862. 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00009/>.