Maps Fredericksburg to Petersburg, Va.
About this Item
- Fredericksburg to Petersburg, Va.
- The purpose of this map is uncertain; it may have been to identify the rail lines within the corridor between Fredericksburg and Petersburg. Included (as phrased by Sneden) are the Richmond and Danville Railroad, Lynchburg Railroad, Norfolk and Petersburg Railroad, Virginia Central Railroad, and the Richmond Fredericksburg (Railroad). A few key events in the entire war are indicated such as the surrender of Lee at Appomattox.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--Confederate States of America--Maps
- - Appomattox (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Fredericksburg (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Petersburg (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Richmond (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Appomattox
- - United States--Virginia--Fredericksburg
- - United States--Virginia--Petersburg
- - United States--Virginia--Richmond
- - Contextually, this map may relate to the page preceding, which refers to November 7, 1863 and Rappahannock Station, Va.; although this map has a myriad of dates written on it for events in 1862-1865.
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a color photocopy of this diary page.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Robert Knox Sneden scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1), Virginia Historical Society.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden diary, 1861-1865 (v. 4, p. 1105).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 17 x 12 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society P. O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- Online Format
ContributorsSneden, Robert Knox
Confederate States of America
Confederate States of America
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Fredericksburg to Petersburg, Va. [to 1865, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00038/. (Accessed December 05, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Sneden, R. K. (1862) Fredericksburg to Petersburg, Va. [to 1865] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00038/.
MLA citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Fredericksburg to Petersburg, Va. [to 1865, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00038/>.