Maps Plan of the Battle of Kelly's Ford, Va. : fought 7th November 1863.
About this Item
- Plan of the Battle of Kelly's Ford, Va. : fought 7th November 1863.
- Focuses on a small portion of the Rappahannock River close to the line dividing Culpeper and Fauquier counties, Va., and about 8 miles (as indentified by Sneden) from Brandy Station where the Battle of Kelly's Ford occurred on 7 November 1863. Confederate positions are noted as well as the placement of the 3rd, 5th, and 6th corps of the Union Army of the Potomac.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - United States.--Army of the Potomac.--Corps, 3rd
- - United States.--Army of the Potomac.--Corps, 5th
- - United States.--Army of the Potomac.--Corps, 6th
- - Kelly's Ford, Battle of, Va., 1863
- - Culpeper County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Fauquier County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Rappahannock River (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Culpeper County
- - United States--Virginia--Fauquier County
- - United States--Virginia--Rappahannock River
- - Kelly's Ford, Battle of, Va
- - Lower left corner of map: "Copy from Official Plan made for 3rd Corps by R.K. Sneden."
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a color photocopy of this diary page.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Robert Knox Sneden scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1), Virginia Historical Society.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden diary, 1861-1865 (v. 5, p. 23).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 19 x 14 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- Online Format
ContributorsSneden, Robert Knox
SubjectsArmy of the Potomac
Culpeper County (va.)
Fauquier County (va.)
Kelly's Ford, Battle Of, Va
Kelly's Ford, Battle Of, Va.
Rappahannock River (va.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Plan of the Battle of Kelly's Ford, Va.: fought 7th November 1863. [to 1865, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00050/. (Accessed September 29, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Sneden, R. K. (1863) Plan of the Battle of Kelly's Ford, Va.: fought 7th November 1863. [to 1865] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00050/.
MLA citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Plan of the Battle of Kelly's Ford, Va.: fought 7th November 1863. [to 1865, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00050/>.