Map [Map of the First Battle of Bull Run]
About this Item
- [Map of the First Battle of Bull Run]
- Shows the movement of the Union and Confederate forces as their positions changed over the course of July 21, 1861, during the First Battle of Bull Run. Sneden illustrates the battle over the countryside in Prince William and Fairfax counties, Va.
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
Created / Published
- - Bull Run, 1st Battle of, Va., 1861
- - Fairfax County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Prince William County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Fairfax County
- - United States--Virginia--Manassas Region
- - United States--Virginia--Prince William County
- - Bull Run, 1st Battle of, Va
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a color photocopy of this diary page.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Robert Knox Sneden scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1) Virginia Historical Society.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden diary, 1861-1865 (v. 1, p. 126).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 17 x 25 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Map of the First Battle of Bull Run. [to 1865, 1861] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00060/.
APA citation style:
Sneden, R. K. (1861) Map of the First Battle of Bull Run. [to 1865] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00060/.
MLA citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Map of the First Battle of Bull Run. [to 1865, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00060/>.