Map Plan of the Battle of Dranesville Va Decr 20th 1861.
About this Item
- Plan of the Battle of Dranesville Va Decr 20th 1861.
- Shows Dranesville, Fairfax County, Va., and the area to the north. The locations of the Leesburg Turnpike, Centreville Road and Chain Bridge Road are indicated.
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
Created / Published
- - Dranesville, Battle of, Dranesville, Va., 1861--Maps
- - Fairfax County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Campaigns--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Fairfax County
- - Dranesville, Battle of, Dranesville, Va
- - Color coding indicates the location of Union and Confederate forces.
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a color photocopy of this diary image.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Robert Knox Sneden Scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1), Virginia Historical Society, Richmond, Va.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Diary (Mss5:1 Sn237:1 v. 1, p. 334).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 13 x 16.5 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Plan of the Battle of Dranesville Va Decr 20th. [to 1865, 1861] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00067/.
APA citation style:
Sneden, R. K. (1861) Plan of the Battle of Dranesville Va Decr 20th. [to 1865] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00067/.
MLA citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Plan of the Battle of Dranesville Va Decr 20th. [to 1865, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00067/>.