Maps Plan of the Battle of Chantilly, Virginia : September 1st 1862 5 to 9 p.m.
About this Item
- Plan of the Battle of Chantilly, Virginia : September 1st 1862 5 to 9 p.m.
- Scene of the last engagement of the Second Battle of Bull Run. Shows the area between Chantilly, Va., in the north and the Centreville Road to the south. The Little River Turnpike and Germantown are also indicated.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Chantilly, Battle of, Va., 1862--Maps
- - Fairfax County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Fairfax County
- - United States--Virginia--Chantilly Region
- - Chantilly, Battle of, Va
- - Color coding indicates the location of Union and Confederate forces.
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a color photocopy of this diary image.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Robert Knox Sneden Scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1), Virginia Historical Society, Richmond, Va.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Diary (Mss5:1 Sn237:1 v. 3, p. 639).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 12.5 x 15 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Plan of the Battle of Chantilly, Virginia: September 1st 1862 5 to 9 p.m. [to 1865, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00108/. (Accessed September 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Sneden, R. K. (1862) Plan of the Battle of Chantilly, Virginia: September 1st 1862 5 to 9 p.m. [to 1865] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00108/.
MLA citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Plan of the Battle of Chantilly, Virginia: September 1st 1862 5 to 9 p.m. [to 1865, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00108/>.