Maps Skirmish at Auburn, Va., Oct. 14th, 1863
About this Item
- Skirmish at Auburn, Va., Oct. 14th, 1863
- Map shows route of Union army (32nd and 38th New York Infantry Regiments, 10th Massachusetts Infantry and others) along the road from Bristoe Station to Warrenton, Va., when the column was attacked by part of A.P. Hill's forces. Shows road lined by stone walls as it crosses Cedar Creek, passes the McCormack farm house, and turns north toward Greenwich.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created / Published
- [S.l., 1863-1865].
- Subject Headings
- - Fauquier County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Fauquier County
- - Color coding indicates the location of Union and Confederate forces.
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a color photocopy of this diary image.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Diary (Mss5:1 Sn237:1 v. 4, p. 886).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 14 x 12.5 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Skirmish at Auburn, Va., Oct. 14th, 1863. [S.l., to 1865, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00162/. (Accessed July 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Sneden, R. K. (1863) Skirmish at Auburn, Va., Oct. 14th, 1863. [S.l., to 1865] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00162/.
MLA citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Skirmish at Auburn, Va., Oct. 14th, 1863. [S.l., to 1865, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00162/>.