Maps Map of Hampton to Howard's Bridge, Virginia.
About this Item
- Map of Hampton to Howard's Bridge, Virginia.
- The area depicted includes the York River to the north, the James River to the south and the Hampton/Five Points area to the east.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Big Bethel (Hampton, Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Hampton (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Hampton
- - United States--Virginia--Big Bethel (Hampton)
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a color photocopy of this scrapbook image.
- - "Plan of the advance of the army from Hampton to Big Bethel and Howard's Bridge, Virginia, 27th March 1862." - page caption.
- - Color coding indicates the location of Union and Confederate forces.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Robert Knox Sneden Diary (Mss5:1 Sn237:1), Virginia Historical Society, Richmond, Va.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1 p. 90).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 20.5 x 27 cm.
- Source Collection
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Map of Hampton to Howard's Bridge, Virginia. [to 1865, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00206/. (Accessed January 22, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Sneden, R. K. (1862) Map of Hampton to Howard's Bridge, Virginia. [to 1865] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00206/.
MLA citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Map of Hampton to Howard's Bridge, Virginia. [to 1865, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00206/>.