Maps Union forts on Maryland shore
About this Item
- Union forts on Maryland shore
- Other Title
- [Contours of Union forts on the north side of the Potomac, 1862] :
- Shows the names and configurations of Union fortifications on the Maryland side of the Potomac River in 1862, and in some cases the name of the regiment that built the structure. This appears to be a companion piece to the image on p. 43.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created / Published
- [S.l., 1861-1865]
- Subject Headings
- - Fortification--United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Pictorial works
- - Maryland--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Potomac River--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Washington Metropolitan Area (D.C.)--Maps
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington Metropolitan Area
- - United States--Maryland
- - United States--Potomac River
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a photocopy of this scrapbook image.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1 p. 74).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 28 x 33 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- Online Format
ContributorsSneden, Robert Knox
Washington Metropolitan Area
District of Columbia
Washington Metropolitan Area
Washington Metropolitan Area (d.c.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Union forts on Maryland shore. [S.l., to 1865, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00243/. (Accessed August 29, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Sneden, R. K. (1861) Union forts on Maryland shore. [S.l., to 1865] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00243/.
MLA citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Union forts on Maryland shore. [S.l., to 1865, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00243/>.