Map Gettysburg Third day. Position of troops.
About this Item
- Gettysburg Third day. Position of troops.
- Detail from an identified printed map annotated to show which units held essentially the same position through July 2 and which moved, noting the starting positions (in the morning) and ending positions (in the evening) of the latter. The usual landmarks, such as Culp's Hill, Cemetery Ridge, and Little Round Top, are also indicated.
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
Created / Published
- - Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863--Maps
- - Gettysburg (Pa.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Pennsylvania--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Gettysburg Region
- - Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa
- - Color coding indicates the location of Union and Confederate forces.
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a photocopy of this scrapbook image.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1 p. 275).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 37 x 27.5 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Gettysburg Third day. Position of troops. [to 1865, 1863] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00263/.
APA citation style:
Sneden, R. K. (1863) Gettysburg Third day. Position of troops. [to 1865] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00263/.
MLA citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox. Gettysburg Third day. Position of troops. [to 1865, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00263/>.