Maps Position of Richmond, Va.
About this Item
- Position of Richmond, Va.
- Area map of Richmond showing locations of roads, railroads, waterways, and landforms, as well as outlying Confederate defenses. Also includes notations of Union positions on June 13th and June 20th, 1862, and of Genl. Grant's position June 1st, 1864.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Humphreys, A. A. (Andrew Atkinson), 1810-1883.
- Abbot, Henry L., 1831-1927.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Peninsular Campaign, 1862--Maps
- - Richmond (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Virginia Peninsula (Va.)--Maps--History--19th century
- - United States--Virginia--Virginia Peninsula
- - United States--Virginia--Richmond
- - Peninsular Campaign
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a photocopy of this scrapbook image.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1 p. 149).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 41.5 x 49 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- Online Format
ContributorsHumphreys, A. A. (Andrew Atkinson)
Sneden, Robert Knox
Virginia Peninsula (Va.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox, A. A Humphreys, and Henry L Abbot. Position of Richmond, Va. [to 1865, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00290/. (Accessed December 10, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Sneden, R. K., Humphreys, A. A. & Abbot, H. L. (1862) Position of Richmond, Va. [to 1865] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00290/.
MLA citation style:
Sneden, Robert Knox, A. A Humphreys, and Henry L Abbot. Position of Richmond, Va. [to 1865, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00290/>.