Maps Map of Montgomery County.
About this Item
- Map of Montgomery County.
- Contributor Names
- Confederate States of America. Army. Dept. of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer's Office.
- Campbell, Albert H. (Albert Henry), 1826-1899.
- Dwight, C. S.
- Randolph, Innes, 1837-1887.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.] : Chief Engineer's Office, D.N.V., 1864.
- Subject Headings
- - Gilmer, Jeremy Francis,--1818-1883--Map collection
- - Montgomery County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Montgomery County
- - "Drawn by J. Innes Randolph, Lt. Engrs. Octr. 19th 1864."--handwritten note on map.
- - "Map from the Confederate Engineer Bureau in Richmond, Va. General J.F. Gilmer, Chief Engineer[.] Presented to the Virginia Historical Society by his only daughter, Mrs. J.F. Minis, Sav[ana]h, Ga."--handwritten note on map.
- - Forms part of the Gilmer Map Collection.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows towns, waterways, roads, geographic features and land owners.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Gift of Mrs. Louisa Porter (Gilmer) Minis (i.e., Mrs. J. F. Minis), Savannah, Ga., in 1911.
- - Manuscripts o.s.
- 1 map : col. on linen ; 66 x 57 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- Online Format
ContributorsCampbell, Albert H. (albert Henry)
Confederate States of America. Army. Dept. Of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer's Office
Dwight, C. S.
Gilmer, Jeremy Francis
Montgomery County (va.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Confederate States Of America. Army. Dept. Of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer'S Office, Albert H Campbell, C. S Dwight, and Innes Randolph. Map of Montgomery County. [S.l.: Chief Engineer's Office, D.N.V, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00348/. (Accessed August 24, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Confederate States Of America. Army. Dept. Of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer'S Office, Campbell, A. H., Dwight, C. S. & Randolph, I. (1864) Map of Montgomery County. [S.l.: Chief Engineer's Office, D.N.V] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00348/.
MLA citation style:
Confederate States Of America. Army. Dept. Of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer'S Office, et al. Map of Montgomery County. [S.l.: Chief Engineer's Office, D.N.V, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00348/>.