Maps The battlefield of Chancellorsville
About this Item
- The battlefield of Chancellorsville
- This hand-drawn map shows the location of troops around Chancellorsville and details the route taken by Stonewall Jackson the night he was mortally wounded.
- Contributor Names
- Carter, Robert Goldthwaite, 1845-1936.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., n.d.]
- Subject Headings
- - Chancellorsville, Battle of, Chancellorsville, Va., 1863--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Chancellorsville
- - Chancellorsville, Battle of, Chancellorsville, Va
- - "Showing general conditions on the night of May 2, 1863, from 9 to 10 p.m. when Stonewall Jackson was mortally wounded."--page caption.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Robert Goldthwaite Carter papers, 1900-1936 (Mss2 C2467 b)
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 28 x 21 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Carter, Robert Goldthwaite. The battlefield of Chancellorsville. [S.l.: s.n., n.d, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00385/. (Accessed December 09, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Carter, R. G. (1863) The battlefield of Chancellorsville. [S.l.: s.n., n.d] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00385/.
MLA citation style:
Carter, Robert Goldthwaite. The battlefield of Chancellorsville. [S.l.: s.n., n.d, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00385/>.