Map [Map of Spotsylvania Court House].
About this Item
- [Map of Spotsylvania Court House].
- This hand-drawn map shows the location of the Confederate line and the location of Union troops, including the 6th Corps under Upton and 2nd under Hancock; and also the spot where Stonewall Jackson's amputated arm was buried.
- Carter, Robert Goldthwaite, 1845-1936.
Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., n.d.]
- - Jackson, Stonewall,--1824-1863--Death and burial
- - Spotsylvania Court House, Battle of, Va., 1864--Maps
- - Spotsylvania County (Va.)--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Spotsylvania County
- - Spotsylvania Court House, Battle of, Va
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Robert Goldthwaite Carter papers, 1900-1934 (Mss2 C2467 b)
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink and watercolor ; 27.5 x 18.5 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Carter, Robert Goldthwaite. Map of Spotsylvania Court House. [S.l.: s.n., n.d, 1864] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00386/.
APA citation style:
Carter, R. G. (1864) Map of Spotsylvania Court House. [S.l.: s.n., n.d] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00386/.
MLA citation style:
Carter, Robert Goldthwaite. Map of Spotsylvania Court House. [S.l.: s.n., n.d, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00386/>.