Maps [Map of the Battle of Chancellorsville, Va].
About this Item
- [Map of the Battle of Chancellorsville, Va].
- Contributor Names
- Carroll, Samuel Sprigg, 1832-1893.
- Hotchkiss, Jedediah, 1828-1899.
- Walker, Francis Amasa, 1840-1897.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., 1885].
- Subject Headings
- - Chancellorsville, Battle of, Chancellorsville, Va., 1863--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Chancellorsville
- - Chancellorsville, Battle of, Chancellorsville, Va
- - Accompanies letter, 1885 December 14 [copy], of Samuel Sprigg Carroll to Francis Amasa Walker, giving an account of Carroll's attack on the Confederate left at the Battle of Chancellorsville, Va., 1863. Walker appears to have sent the copied letter to Jedediah Hotchkiss.
- - Removed from Jedediah Hotchkiss's personal copy of his Battlefields of Virginia (Rare Books E475.35 .H83).
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Jedediah Hotchkiss papers, 1868-1895.
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pencil ; 15 x 10 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- Online Format
ContributorsCarroll, Samuel Sprigg
Walker, Francis Amasa
Chancellorsville, Battle Of, Chancellorsville, Va
Chancellorsville, Battle Of, Chancellorsville, Va.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Carroll, Samuel Sprigg, Jedediah Hotchkiss, and Francis Amasa Walker. [Map of the Battle of Chancellorsville, Va]. [S.l.: s.n, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00389/. (Accessed October 21, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Carroll, S. S., Hotchkiss, J. & Walker, F. A. (1863) [Map of the Battle of Chancellorsville, Va]. [S.l.: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00389/.
MLA citation style:
Carroll, Samuel Sprigg, Jedediah Hotchkiss, and Francis Amasa Walker. [Map of the Battle of Chancellorsville, Va]. [S.l.: s.n, 1863] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00389/>.