Maps [Map of the Middle Atlantic States].
About this Item
- [Map of the Middle Atlantic States].
- Map shows all of the places von Schilling has been stationed during his military career up to his present assignment to Fort Magruder on the Virginia Peninsula. Most of the locations are along the Eastern seaboard, and range from Dover, Del., to Norfolk, Va.
- Contributor Names
- Schilling, Franz Wilhelm von, 1832-1895.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - United States.--Army--Appointments and retirements--History--19th century
- - Middle Atlantic States--Maps
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - Accompanies letter [in German], n.d. [no. 7], of Franz William von Schilling, Norfolk, Va., to his brother Alexander Ernst Schilling von Canstatt
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Franz Wilhelm von Schilling papers, 1861-1913.
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink ; 20 x 32 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Schilling, Franz Wilhelm Von. [Map of the Middle Atlantic States]. 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00395/. (Accessed December 05, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Schilling, F. W. V. (1864) [Map of the Middle Atlantic States]. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00395/.
MLA citation style:
Schilling, Franz Wilhelm Von. [Map of the Middle Atlantic States]. 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00395/>.