Maps First Battle of Bull Run
About this Item
- First Battle of Bull Run
- Contributor Names
- Scott, Benjamin Irby, 1840?-1862.
- Scott family.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Bull Run, 1st Battle of, Va., 1861--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Manassas Region
- - Bull Run, 1st Battle of, Va
- - Accompanies letter, 1861 July 25, of Benjamin Irby Scott, Centreville, Fairfax County, Va., to his mother Mrs. Fanny Scott, n.p., concerning the first Battle of Bull Run.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Scott family papers, 1861-1865.
- - Manuscripts
- 1 map : pen-and-ink ; 12.5 x 20 cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- Online Format
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Scott, Benjamin Irby, 1840?-1862, and Scott Family. First Battle of Bull Run. 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00396/. (Accessed August 30, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Scott, B. I. & Scott Family. (1861) First Battle of Bull Run. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00396/.
MLA citation style:
Scott, Benjamin Irby, 1840?-1862, and Scott Family. First Battle of Bull Run. 1861. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gvhs01.vhs00396/>.