Audio Recording Stars and stripes forever
Stars and stripes forever
About this Item
- Stars and stripes forever
- Contributor Names
- Sousa, John Philip -- 1854-1932 (composer)
- U.S. Marine Band (performer)
- Created / Published
- United States Marine Band, Washington, DC, 1998.
- Subject Headings
- - Patriotic music -- United States
- - National songs -- United States
- - Popular Songs of the Day
- - Songs and Music
- - rise of industrial america (1877-1900)
- - contemporary america (1945-present)
- - Politics and Government
- - Taken from "The Bicentennial Collection: Celebrating the 200th Anniversary of 'The President's Own' United States Marine Band," disc 5.
- - Original release information: Albert F. Schoepper, conducting. RCA Cat. LSP-2687, Recorded by RCA at Crapton Auditorium, Howard University, Washinton, DC, December 10, 1962.
- sound recording
- 1 sound disc: digital; 4 2/4 in.
- LC Classification
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
Thanks go to the U.S. Marine Band Library External, for permission to reprint copies of Sousa Band tour books and to Paul E. Bierley for permission to reprint his biographical note and bibliography.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sousa, John Philip, and U.S. Marine Band. Stars and Stripes Forever. United States Marine Band, Washington, DC, 1998. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.100010504/.
APA citation style:
Sousa, J. P. & U.S. Marine Band. (1998) Stars and Stripes Forever. United States Marine Band, Washington, DC. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.100010504/.
MLA citation style:
Sousa, John Philip, and U.S. Marine Band. Stars and Stripes Forever. United States Marine Band, Washington, DC, 1998. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.100010504/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingThe star spangled banner sound recording | 1 sound tape reel: analog, 2 track stereo 7 1/2 ips | Taken from the Marine Band "Dream Hour" (radio program) recordings, circa 1953. Sound Recording (Form).
- Contributor: Smith, John Stafford - U.S. Marine Band
- Date: 1953
Audio RecordingStars and stripes forever sound recording | 1 DAT audiotape | Taken from recording of concert held at the Library of Congress in 2002. Recording of "Stars and Stripes Forever" from the Loras John Schissel Collection....
- Contributor: Sousa, John Philip - Virginia Grand Military Band
- Date: 2002
Audio RecordingThe marines' hymn sound recording | 1 sound disc: digital; 4 2/4 in. | Taken from "The Bicentennial Collection: Celebrating the 200th Anniversary of 'The President's Own' United States Marine Band," disc 4. Original release...
- Contributor: U.S. Marine Band - United States Marine Band
- Date: 1998
Audio RecordingAnchors aweigh sound recording | 1 sound disc: digital; 4 2/4 in. | Taken from "The Bicentennial Collection: Celebrating the 200th Anniversary of 'The President's Own' United States Marine Band," disc 2. Originally released...
- Contributor: Zimmerman, Charles A. - U.S. Marine Band - United States Marine Band
- Date: 1998
Audio RecordingStars and stripes forever march sound recording | 1 sound disc: analog, 80 rpm, mono; 10 in. | Matrix: 3726-C-2-177. Sound Recording (Form).
- Contributor: Sodero's Band - Edison - Sousa, John Philip
- Date: 1915