Audio Recording Guadalcanal march
About this Item
- Guadalcanal march
- Contributor Names
- Rogers, Richard (composer)
- Leidzen, Erik (arranger)
- United States Marine Band (performer)
- Created / Published
- United States Marines, Washington DC, 1992.
- Subject Headings
- - World War, 1939-1945 -- United States -- Songs and music
- - Patriotic music -- United States
- - Parlor and Concert Stage
- - Songs and Music
- - contemporary america (1945-present)
- - War and Conflict
- - [copyright] Williamson Music Co. (Copyright)
- - Track 10 from CD, "Uncommon Valor," by the United States Marine Band. "Guadalcanal march" from Victory at Sea
- - "The Guadalcanal March" by Richard Rodgers Copyright (c) 1952 by Williamson Music Copyright Renewed. International Copyright Secured. All Rights Reserved. Reprinted by Permission. (Copyright Notice)
- - 30 second (Extent)
- - Due to copyright restrictions, only excerpts from this item are available. (Standard Restriction)
- sound recording
- 1 sound disc : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Access Condition
- 30 second Due to copyright restrictions, only excerpts from this item are available.
- LC Classification
- United States Marines USMB CD-7
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Copyright and Restrictions
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
Because of copyright laws, songs from the twentieth century may not be represented by very many items on the Web site. While every effort has been made to obtain permission to use these songs or portions of these songs, in some cases this has not been possible. Therefore there may be no recordings or paper items to illustrate those songs. In some instances, the rights' owner may have only granted permission to use a portion of the material online. In those cases, only 30-second excerpts of sound recordings are used, and only one or two pages of print or manuscript materials are used.
The use of U.S. Armed Forces sound recordings in no way indicates an endorsement of the Web site by any branch of the Armed Forces.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rogers, Richard, Erik Leidzen, and United States Marine Band. Guadalcanal March. United States Marines, Washington DC, 1992. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.100010553/.
APA citation style:
Rogers, R., Leidzen, E. & United States Marine Band. (1992) Guadalcanal March. United States Marines, Washington DC. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.100010553/.
MLA citation style:
Rogers, Richard, Erik Leidzen, and United States Marine Band. Guadalcanal March. United States Marines, Washington DC, 1992. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.100010553/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingGuadalcanal march [from Victory at sea] sound recording | Recorded at a concert held at the Library of Congress in 2002. "The Guadalcanal March" by Richard Rodgers Copyright (c) 1952 by Williamson Music Copyright Renewed. International Copyright Secured....
- Contributor: Rogers, Richard - Virginia Grand Concert Band
- Date: 2002
Audio RecordingFanfare for the common man sound recording | 1 sound cartridge : digital, stereo ; 5 1/2 x 6 1/2 in. | From Library of Congress concert, "Aaron Copland Centennial" recorded on November 14, 2000 in the...
- Contributor: Unpublished - United States Marine Band - Copland, Aaron
- Date: 2000
Audio RecordingAnchors aweigh sound recording | 1 sound disc: digital; 4 2/4 in. | Taken from "The Bicentennial Collection: Celebrating the 200th Anniversary of 'The President's Own' United States Marine Band," disc 2. Originally released...
- Contributor: Zimmerman, Charles A. - U.S. Marine Band - United States Marine Band
- Date: 1998
Audio RecordingThe marines' hymn sound recording | 1 sound disc: digital; 4 2/4 in. | Taken from "The Bicentennial Collection: Celebrating the 200th Anniversary of 'The President's Own' United States Marine Band," disc 4. Original release...
- Contributor: U.S. Marine Band - United States Marine Band
- Date: 1998
Audio RecordingOver there sound recording | 1 compact disc | Taken from cd entitled: "Sing America." Band is from Fort McPherson, GA. Sound Recording (Form).
- Contributor: Cohan, George M. (George Michael) - Holbrook, P. - United States Army Ground Forces Band - Menc