Notated Music Exhortation : A Negro sermon
About this Item
- Exhortation : A Negro sermon
- Contributor Names
- Cook, Will Marion (composer)
- Rogers, Alex (lyricist)
- Created / Published
- G. Schirmer, New York, 1912.
- Subject Headings
- - African Americans -- Music
- - Popular music -- United States
- - Portrait photographs
- - Choral music
- - Band music
- - Popular Songs of the Day
- - Songs and Music
- - Parlor and Concert Stage
- - Progressive Era to New Era (1900-1929)
- - for Tenor solo, male chorus and piano (Content)
- - Copyright, 1912, by G. Schirmer (Copyright)
- - 1 blank page
- - "G. Schirmer's Collection of Part-Songs and Choruses for Men's Voices" No. 5695
- Instrumental parts
- 8 p., 10 3/8 x 6 7/8 in.
- LC Classification
- Online Format
- Instrumental parts | 8 p., 10 3/8 x 6 7/8 in. | for Tenor solo, male chorus and piano (Content). Copyright, 1912, by G. Schirmer (Copyright). 1 blank page "G. Schirmer's Collection of Part-Songs and Choruses for Men's Voices" No. 5695 Instrumental Parts (Form).
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cook, Will Marion, and Alex Rogers. Exhortation: A Negro sermon. G. Schirmer, New York, 1912. Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.100010591/.
APA citation style:
Cook, W. M. & Rogers, A. (1912) Exhortation: A Negro sermon. G. Schirmer, New York. [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.100010591/.
MLA citation style:
Cook, Will Marion, and Alex Rogers. Exhortation: A Negro sermon. G. Schirmer, New York, 1912. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.100010591/>.
More Notated Music like this
Notated MusicSwing along! vocal score | 12 p., 10 3/8 x 6 7/8 in. | for male chorus and piano (Content). Copyright, 1912, by G. Schirmer (Copyright). "G. Schirmer's Collection of Part-Songs and Choruses for...
- Contributor: G. Schirmer - Cook, Will Marion
- Date: 1912
Notated MusicRain-song vocal score | 16 p., 10 3/8 x 6 7/8 in. | for two solo singers (Tenor I and Baritone), male chorus, and piano. (Content). Copyright, 1912, G. Schirmer (Copyright). 2 blank...
- Contributor: Rogers, Alex - G. Schirmer - Cook, Will Marion
- Date: 1912
Notated MusicWaltz. Molly Green Instrumental parts | 92 p., 14 1/4 x 10 3/8 in. | Copyright 1906 by W. M. Cook. (Copyright). Printed in Boosey & Co.'s New Supplemental Journal for Military Bands, No. 32....
- Contributor: Boosey & Co. - Retford, M. - Cook, Will Marion
- Date: 1906
Notated MusicSelection from Clorindy (Origin of the cake walk) Instrumental parts | 104 p., 10 3/4 x 7 in. | Darktown is out to-night--Love in a cottage is best--Who dat say chicken in dis crowd--Jump back--Hottest coon in Dixie. (Content). Copyright...
- Contributor: Mackie, W.H. - M. Witmark & Sons - Cook, Will Marion
- Date: 1899
Notated MusicDarktown is out to-night Instrumental parts | Parts: piano, 1st and 2nd violins, viola, cello, bass, flute, 1st clarinet in A, 2nd clarinets in C, horns in F, 1st and 2nd cornets in A, trombone, drums....
- Contributor: Recker, Robert - M. Witmark & Sons - Cook, Will Marion
- Date: 1899