Notated Music Battle hymn of the republic
About this Item
- Battle hymn of the republic
- Howe, Mrs. Dr. S. G. [Julia Ward] (lyricist)
Created / Published
- Oliver Ditson & Co., Boston, 1862.
- - United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Songs and music
- - Songs -- Texts
- - Music -- Poetry
- - Vocal music
- - Patriotic music
- - National songs -- United States
- - Battle hymn of the republic (Song)
- - Popular Songs of the Day
- - Songs and Music
- - War and Conflict
- - Civil War and Reconstruction (1861-1877)
- - Music associated with the Union side
- sheet music
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Civil War Sheet Music Collection are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Howe, Mrs. Dr. S. G. Julia Ward. Battle Hymn of the Republic. Oliver Ditson & Co., Boston, 1862. Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200000858/.
APA citation style:
Howe, M. D. S. G. J. W. (1862) Battle Hymn of the Republic. Oliver Ditson & Co., Boston. [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200000858/.
MLA citation style:
Howe, Mrs. Dr. S. G. Julia Ward. Battle Hymn of the Republic. Oliver Ditson & Co., Boston, 1862. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200000858/>.