Audio Recordings The 1946 Library of Congress recital Nathan Milstein in recital
About this Item
- The 1946 Library of Congress recital
- Other Title
- Nathan Milstein in recital
- Alternate Title
- Nathan Milstein in recital
- Contributor Names
- Milstein, Nathan -- 1903- (performer)
- Coolidge Auditorium (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Bridge Records, New York, p1996.
- - Nathan Milstein (statement of responsibility)
- - Compact disc.
- - Title on insert: Nathan Milstein in recital.
- - Nathan Milstein, violin ; Josef Blatt, piano. (performers)
- - Recorded Oct. 7, 1946 at the Coolidge Auditorium, the Library of Congress. (venue)
- - Booklet containing biographical notes on the performers and program notes by K. Robert Schwarz (12 p.) inserted.
- - Violinist Nathan Milstein performs works by Vitali, Mendelssohn, Chopin, and Wieniawski. (browse display)
- - Courtesy of BRIDGE RECORDS, INC. (BRIDGE 9064), www.BridgeRecords.com , 200 Clinton Avenue, New Rochelle, NY 10801 USA. (Copyright Notice)
- - only tracks 6 and 11 can be used (Extent)
- - Due to copyright restrictions, only certain tracks from this item are available. (Standard Restriction)
- - Chaconne / Tomaso Vitali (9:55) -- Sonata in G minor, BWV 1001 / Johann Sebastian Bach (15:01) -- Paganiniana (variations) / Nathan Milstein (9:05) - Concerto in E minor, op. 64 / Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy (25:10) - Nocturne in C-sharp minor / Fryderyk Chopin (3:42) - Scherzo-tarantelle / Henryk Wieniawski (3:54).
- - Bridge Records: BRIDGE 9064 (issue number)
- compact disc
- 1 sound disc (67 min., 36 sec.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Access Condition
- only tracks 6 and 11 can be used Due to copyright restrictions, only certain tracks from this item are available.
- LC Classification
- Bridge Records BRIDGE 9064
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Coolidge Auditorium (Library of Congress)
Chaconnes (Violin and Piano), Arranged
Solo With Piano
Violin and Piano Music
Violin and Piano Music, Arranged
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses. Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
While every effort has been made to obtain permission to use these songs or portions of these songs, in some cases, the rights' owner may have only granted permission to use a portion of the material online. In those cases, only excerpts of sound or video recordings and one or two pages of print or manuscript materials are used.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Milstein, Nathan, and Coolidge Auditorium. The1946 Library of Congress recital. Bridge Records, New York, p, 1996. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99594334/. (Accessed December 07, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Milstein, N. & Coolidge Auditorium. (1996) The1946 Library of Congress recital. Bridge Records, New York, p. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/99594334/.
MLA citation style:
Milstein, Nathan, and Coolidge Auditorium. The1946 Library of Congress recital. Bridge Records, New York, p, 1996. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/99594334/>.