Audio Recordings Juilliard String Quartet
About this Item
- Juilliard String Quartet
- Other Title
- Concerts from the Library of Congress ; 2002-2003
- Alternate Title
- Concerts from the Library of Congress ; 2002-2003
- Contributor Names
- Juilliard String Quartet (performer)
- Library of Congress. McKim Fund.
- Irving Caesar Lifetime Trust
- Library of Congress. Music Division.
- Library of Congress. Recording Laboratory.
- Created / Published
- Library of Congress, Washington, D.C..
- - Cataloged from printed program.
- - Title from cover.
- - On cover: The Irving Caesar lifetime trust.
- - On cover: In memoriam Ralph Shapey (1921-2002).
- - Works 1 and 3: Juilliard String Quartet (Joel Smirnoff, Ronald Copes, violin ; Samuel Rhodes, viola ; Joel Krosnick, cello) ; Work 2: Joel Smirnoff, violin, Gilbert Kalish, piano. (performer)
- - Concert given under the auspices of the McKim Fund, Library of Congress, and the Irving Caesar Lifetime Trust.
- - Produced by the Music Division and the Recording Laboratory of the Library of Congress.
- - The first work is an arrangement by the composer of his Piano sonata in E major, op. 14, no. 1
- - The second work was commissioned by the McKim Fund in the Library of Congress.
- - Recorded in the Coolidge Auditorium of the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., Feb. 12, 2003. (venue)
- - Includes biographical notes on Ralph Shapey and the programs for both the Feb. 12 and 14, 2003 concerts (7 p.).
- - String quartet in F major, Hess 34 / Ludwig van Beethoven - Millennium designs : for violin and piano / Ralph Shapey - String quartet in D major, op. 18, no. 3 / Ludwig van Beethoven. (contents)
- - The Juilliard Quartet and pianist Gilbert Kalish perform works by Beethoven and Ralph Shapey. (display note)
- - Permission for Beethoven pieces only. (Extent)
- - Due to copyright restrictions, only certain tracks from this item are available. (Standard Restriction)
- sound recording
- 2 sound tape reels : analog, 7½ ips, 2 track, stereo. ; 10 in.
- Access Condition
- Permission for Beethoven pieces only. Due to copyright restrictions, only certain tracks from this item are available.
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
ContributorsIrving Caesar Lifetime Trust
Juilliard String Quartet
Library of Congress
Library of Congress. McKim Fund
Library of Congress. Music Division
Library of Congress. Recording Laboratory
String Quartets, Arranged
Violin and Piano Music
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses. Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
While every effort has been made to obtain permission to use these songs or portions of these songs, in some cases, the rights' owner may have only granted permission to use a portion of the material online. In those cases, only excerpts of sound or video recordings and one or two pages of print or manuscript materials are used.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Juilliard String Quartet, Library Of Congress. Mckim Fund, Irving Caesar Lifetime Trust, Library Of Congress. Music Division, and Library Of Congress. Recording Laboratory. Juilliard String Quartet. Library of Congress, Washington, D.C, 2003. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200003878/. (Accessed July 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Juilliard String Quartet, Library Of Congress. Mckim Fund, Irving Caesar Lifetime Trust, Library Of Congress. Music Division & Library Of Congress. Recording Laboratory. (2003) Juilliard String Quartet. Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200003878/.
MLA citation style:
Juilliard String Quartet, et al. Juilliard String Quartet. Library of Congress, Washington, D.C, 2003. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200003878/>.