Books Inventory: The Katherine Dunham Collection
About this Item
- Inventory: The Katherine Dunham Collection
- Created / Published
- Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., 2004, monographic.
- finding aid
- - The Katherine Dunham Collection consists of materials purchased from the archives of the Dunham Centers in East St. Louis, Illinois, and is made possible through a grant from the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation. (acquisition)
- - The Collection comprises 1,694 items in a variety of video/motion picture formats. It documents many aspects of Dunham?s dance career: her work as a choreographer, her dance technique and teaching method, various of her performances and productions, and her anthropological analysis of the dance and ritual of the African diaspora. The Collection also testifies to her global activism and leadership in the field of human rights and her advocacy of African American causes in her community. (General)
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
There may be content that is protected and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item. In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses.
The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history.
Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Inventory: The Katherine Dunham Collection. Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., monographic, 2004. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200006106/. (Accessed January 23, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(2004) Inventory: The Katherine Dunham Collection. Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., monographic. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200006106/.
MLA citation style:
Inventory: The Katherine Dunham Collection. Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., monographic, 2004. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200006106/>.