Notated Music The angel of death (Sketches)
About this Item
- The angel of death (Sketches)
- Contributor Names
- Reynolds, Roger -- 1934- (creator)
- IRCAM (Research institute : France) (funder)
- Agora Festival (Paris, France)
- Subject Headings
- - Piano with chamber orchestra
- - Piano and electronic music
- - Computer music
- - Electronic music
- - Musical sketches
- - Sketches for a musical composition for piano, chamber orchestra, and computer-processed sound by Roger Reynolds.
- - Title supplied by composer.
- - Cataloged from digital copy; original manuscript in the possession of the composer.
- - Commissioned by Ircam for the 2001 Agora Festival, Paris.
- - First performed: 7 June 2001, 2001 Agora Festival, Paris.
- - Duration: 34 min.
- - Leaf 1 is the first general sketch for the form of the chamber piano concerto: The angel of death. Leaf 2 is a more advanced plan for the overall form of The angel of death showing the placement of sections and their relative proportions. Leaf 3 is the first 6 and a half minutes of the fully developed plan for The angel of death. Leaf 4 is the "textural sketch" positing the nature and proportions of Theme 4 (of the work's five thematic elements.). Leaf 5 is the opening of the ensemble realization of the textural plan (shown in Leaf 4) for Theme 4 of The angel of death. Leaf 6 is the plan for the culminating computer segment (or "image" of The angel of death: S7.) (Content)
- manuscript sketch
-  leaves
- Music Division, Library of Congress
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Reynolds, Roger, Ircam, and Agora Festival. Theangel of death Sketches. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200029046/. (Accessed September 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Reynolds, R., Ircam & Agora Festival. Theangel of death Sketches. [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200029046/.
MLA citation style:
Reynolds, Roger, Ircam, and Agora Festival. Theangel of death Sketches. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200029046/>.