Book/Printed Material Jerome Kern collection
About this Item
- Jerome Kern collection
- Created / Published
- Music Division, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., 2005, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Kern, Jerome -- 1885-1945
- - Kern, Jerome -- 1885-1945 -- Correspondence
- - Saddler, Frank.
- - Bennett, Robert Russell -- 1894-1981
- - Composers -- United States -- Correspondence -- Catalogs
- - Musicals -- Scores
- - Musicals -- Vocal scores with piano -- Catalogs
- - Musical sketches -- Catalogs
- finding aid
- - Finding aid to the Jerome Kern collection (1874-1961, bulk 1910-1961), Music Division, Library of Congress.
- - The Library of Congress also has other Kern material classified elsewhere in the Music Division: scores, full and vocal, holograph and Saddler and Bennett mss., scripts, and correspondence.
- - Jerome David Kern, composer, well known for his musicals which were produced from 1906 to 1939. He was born Jan. 27, 1885, and died Nov. 11, 1945, in New York City.
- - The bulk of the material, discovered in a Warner Bros. warehouse in Secaucus, N.J., in 1982, was acquired from Betty Kern-Miller (the composer's daughter) between 1986 and 1990. Additional items were donated by Rodgers & Hammerstein, T.B. Harms, and John McGlinn, or purchased.
- - Processed by the Music Division of the Library of Congress. (statement of responsibilty)
- - Finding aid encoded by Library of Congress Music Division, 2006. (statement of responsibilty)
- PDF Document
- 144 p. ; 21 cm.
- Related Resources
- http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.music/eadmus.mu002004 (Finding aid)
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jerome Kern collection. Music Division, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., monographic, 2005. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200033531/.
APA citation style:
(2005) Jerome Kern collection. Music Division, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., monographic. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200033531/.
MLA citation style:
Jerome Kern collection. Music Division, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., monographic, 2005. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200033531/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialGlenn Dillard Gunn collection Collection contains correspondence from, among others, Ferruccio Busoni, Teresa Carrenõ, Percy Grainger, and Moriz Rosenthal. Also photographs, many with autograph inscriptions including those of Claude Debussy, Victor Herbert, and John McCormack. Music...
- Contributor: Music Division, Library of Congress
- Date: 2005
CollectionIrving Fine collection, 1930-1993 Irving Fine was an American conductor, teacher, and composer whose works assimilated neoclassical, romantic, and serial elements. The bulk of the materials in the collection are musical scores and sketches which represent...
- Contributor: Music Division, Library of Congress - Fine, Irving
- Date: 1930
Book/Printed MaterialInventory: The Katherine Dunham Collection Finding Aid. The Katherine Dunham Collection consists of materials purchased from the archives of the Dunham Centers in East St. Louis, Illinois, and is made possible through a grant from the Doris...
- Contributor: Library of Congress
- Date: 2004
CollectionNewland / Zeuner collection The finding aid provides a description of the Newland/Zeuner collection which consists primarily music (printed and ms.) for piano, 2 or 4 hands, and songs, with a concentration in sacred vocal works...
- Contributor: Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus - Shaw, Oliver - Root, George F. (George Frederick) - Newland, William Augustine - Zeuner, Charles - Library of Congress - Rossini, Gioacchino
- Date: 2005
Book/Printed MaterialSketches for Alegrettto opus 83 no. 1 Holograph sketches for several works, some unidentified. On accompanying paper: "R. 1197, Beethoven, op. 83 no. 1" ; "Nb.: on stave 1 of the recto is a sketch for op. 15 Finale....
- Contributor: Johnson, Douglas Porter - Beethoven, Ludwig Van
- Date: 1790