Book/Printed Material Solitary hotel from Despite and Still, op.41, 1968-69
About this Item
- Solitary hotel from Despite and Still, op.41, 1968-69
- Contributor Names
- Barber, Samuel -- 1910-1981 (composer)
- Joyce, James -- 1882-1941 (lyricist)
- Created / Published
- G. Schirmer, New York, 1969.
- Subject Headings
- - Parlor and Concert Stage
- - Songs and Music
- - contemporary america (1945-present)
- - Recording: LC concert, 7 December 2004 (with pianist Wolfram Rieger). (additional form)
- - Text from 'Ulysses', 1922. (bibliographic history)
- - First draft (General)
- - Courtesy of G. Schirmer, Inc., www.schirmer.com (Copyright Notice)
- - Due to copyright restrictions, original master files are not available. (Standard Restriction)
- 7p., 9.5 x 12.5in.
- Music Division
- Access Condition
- Due to copyright restrictions, original master files are not available.
- LC Classification
- ML96 .B267
- Online Format
- manuscript | 7p., 9.5 x 12.5in. | Recording: LC concert, 7 December 2004 (with pianist Wolfram Rieger). (Additional Form). Text from 'Ulysses', 1922. (Bibliographic History). First draft (General). Courtesy of G. Schirmer, Inc., www.schirmer.com (Copyright Notice). Due to copyright restrictions, original master files are not available. (Standard Restriction). Manuscript (Form).
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Barber, Samuel, and James Joyce. Solitary hotel from Despite and Still, op.41, -69. G. Schirmer, New York, 1969. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200035579/.
APA citation style:
Barber, S. & Joyce, J. (1969) Solitary hotel from Despite and Still, op.41, -69. G. Schirmer, New York. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200035579/.
MLA citation style:
Barber, Samuel, and James Joyce. Solitary hotel from Despite and Still, op.41, -69. G. Schirmer, New York, 1969. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200035579/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialA Thanksgiving Fable, Op. 75, No. 2. Sheet music | 6 p. | From: Songs by Mrs. H.H.A. Beach (Source). Sheet Music (Form).
- Contributor: Beach, H. H. A., Mrs - G. Schirmer - Herford, Oliver
- Date: 1914
Book/Printed MaterialThe star spangled banner manuscript | 1 p. | Item contains an autographed manuscript of "The star spangled banner" in a red leather case. Also included are a portrait of Francis Scott Key, a copy of...
- Contributor: Key, Francis Scott
- Date: 1840
Notated MusicSoldiers of Zion Jewish national anthem sheet music | 6 p. ; 35 cm. | Sheet Music (Form).
- Contributor: Rosenfeld, Morris - The Jewish Morning Journal - Arnstein, Ira
- Date: 1918
Book/Printed MaterialThe Farmer Goes "Chopping" on His Way! or Our Farmer President Sheet music | 14 x 10 ½ in. ; 6 p. | 1872 Presidential Campaign - Horace Greeley (General). Sheet Music (Form).
- Contributor: Higgins, H. M. (Hiram M.) - J.L. Peters - Miller, Harry
- Date: 1872
Book/Printed MaterialMary Blaine Sheet music | 14 x 10 3/4 in. ; 4 p. | 1884 Presidential Campaign - anti-James Blaine (General). Utilizing the familiar air of "Mary Blane" for patriotic purposes (Source Note). Sheet...
- Contributor: Hitchcock's Music Store - Warren, Benjamin
- Date: 1884