Notated Music Wedding song
About this Item
- Wedding song
- Contributor Names
- Brody, Joseph (composer)
- Created / Published
- Meyer Levin, New York, 1904.
- Subject Headings
- - Jews -- United States -- Music
- - Popular music -- United States
- - Songs, Yiddish -- United States
- - Traditional and Ethnic Songs and Music
- - Songs and Music
- - Popular Songs of the Day
- - Immigration and Migration
- - From "The Idler." Source: Heskes, Irene, Yiddish American Popular Songs 1895-1950. (General)
- - "from Der Battlen" (General)
- sheet music
- 4 p. ; 35 cm.
- African and Middle Eastern Division
- LC Classification
- Hebraic Section, Yiddish Sheet Music, Box 2 - 111
- Online Format
- sheet music | 4 p. ; 35 cm. | From "The Idler." Source: Heskes, Irene, Yiddish American Popular Songs 1895-1950. (General). "from Der Battlen" (General). Sheet Music (Form).
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Brody, Joseph. Wedding Song. Meyer Levin, New York, 1904. Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200154903/.
APA citation style:
Brody, J. (1904) Wedding Song. Meyer Levin, New York. [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200154903/.
MLA citation style:
Brody, Joseph. Wedding Song. Meyer Levin, New York, 1904. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200154903/>.
More Notated Music like this
Notated MusicDas Judel sheet music | 2 p. ; 35 cm. | "Comic Duet" "Sung by Mrs. Wilensky and Lansky" Source: Heskes, Irene, Yiddish American Popular Songs, 1895-1950 (General). Sheet Music (Form).
- Contributor: Meyer Levin - Brody, Joseph - Hellman, Abraham
- Date: 1903
Notated MusicScholem aleichem sheet music | 8 p. ; 35 cm. | "Peace be with you [greetings]") from "The excommunication in the Holy Temple." Source: Heskes, Irene, Yiddish American Popular Songs 1895-1950. (General). "from the...
- Contributor: Simonovitz, Alex - Meyer Levin - Mogulesco, S. (Sigmund)
- Date: 1902
Notated MusicRemembrance of Bessarabie sheet music | 12 p. ; 35 cm. | Roumanian Thoughts -- Soldier's Song -- The Gypsy -- The Shepherd Song -- The Folk Dance -- Gypsy Camp. (Content). Source: Heskes, Irene,...
- Contributor: Hofman, R. - Weishoff, Henry - Meyer Levin
- Date: 1903
Notated MusicDie vier frome weiber, couplet sheet music | 6 p. ; 35 cm. | "The four pious wives, couplet" from the opera, "Di grineh" ("The green or naïve one (female)." Source: Heskes, Irene, Yiddish American Popular Songs...
- Contributor: Brody, Joseph - Meyer Levin Music Store
- Date: 1903
Notated MusicMismor le David sheet music | 4 p. ; 35 cm. | "A Psalm of David" from "God, man, and devil, or the Jewish Faust." Psalm 23 is included for this final duet of the...
- Contributor: Hebrew Publishing Company - Brody, Joseph
- Date: 1903