Notated Music Suffragettes
About this Item
- Rumshinsky, Joseph -- 1881-1956 (composer)
- Shor, A. (Anshel) -- 1871-1942 (lyricist)
Created / Published
- Hebrew Publishing Co., New York, 1911.
- - Popular music -- United States
- - Jews -- United States -- Music
- - Songs, Yiddish -- United States
- - Traditional and Ethnic Songs and Music
- - Songs and Music
- - Popular Songs of the Day
- - Immigration and Migration
- - "Ladies for rights/suffragettes" from "The song of love, or song of songs." In its Yiddish lyrics, the song mentions President Taft and advocates women as soldiers, mayors, congressmen, presidents, even as cantors and rabbis! Source: Heskes, Irene, Yiddish American Popular Songs, 1895-1950. (General)
- - "from The Song of Love" (General)
- sheet music
- 6 p. ; 35 cm.
- African and Middle Eastern Division
- Hebraic Section, Yiddish Sheet Music, Box 4 - 416
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Women's Suffrage in Sheet Music Collection are in the public domain and are free to use or reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rumshinsky, Joseph, and A Shor. Suffragettes. Hebrew Publishing Co., New York, 1911. Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200155050/.
APA citation style:
Rumshinsky, J. & Shor, A. (1911) Suffragettes. Hebrew Publishing Co., New York. [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200155050/.
MLA citation style:
Rumshinsky, Joseph, and A Shor. Suffragettes. Hebrew Publishing Co., New York, 1911. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200155050/>.