Notated Music The European Jewish wedding
About this Item
- The European Jewish wedding
- Contributor Names
- Shapiro, Herman S. (arranger)
- Created / Published
- Hebrew Publishing Company, New York, New York, 1902.
- Subject Headings
- - Songs, Yiddish -- United States
- - Jews -- United States -- Music
- - Popular music -- United States
- - Traditional and Ethnic Songs and Music
- - Songs and Music
- - Popular Songs of the Day
- - Immigration and Migration
- - Gutte woch -- Zmiros -- Waltzer -- Polka -- Quadrille -- Kozaczka -- Bareiges tanz -- Scherele -- Dobridz -- Zum badekens -- Kalle bazetzens -- Zu der chuppe -- Unter der chuppe -- Von der chuppe -- Mechetonem zu der wetczere -- Korohod -- Gutte nacht. (Content)
- - Violin part only (General)
- sheet music
- 14 p. ; 35 cm.
- Music Division
- LC Classification
- Music Divison, Heskes Collection, Box 1 - 62
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Shapiro, Herman S. TheEuropean Jewish wedding. Hebrew Publishing Company, New York, New York, 1902. Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200182002/.
APA citation style:
Shapiro, H. S. (1902) TheEuropean Jewish wedding. Hebrew Publishing Company, New York, New York. [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200182002/.
MLA citation style:
Shapiro, Herman S. TheEuropean Jewish wedding. Hebrew Publishing Company, New York, New York, 1902. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200182002/>.
More Notated Music like this
Notated MusicHepet mechitonim; Korohod; Gute nacht sheet music | 4 p. ; 35 cm. | "Step lively, bridal parents," "Slavic double circle dance," and "Good night." Source: Heskes, Irene, Yiddish American Popular Songs, 1895-1950 (General). For violin (General)....
- Contributor: Hebrew Publishing Company - Friedsell, Louis - Shapiro, Herman S.
- Date: 1920
Notated MusicAs ich hob kein masel and Zum badekens sheet music | 8 p. ; 35 cm. | "Since I have no luck." and "For the veiling of the bride." "I am not lucky. All goes the opposite for me, no...
- Contributor: Hebrew Publishing Company - Friedsell, Louis - Small, Solomon - Shapiro, Herman S.
- Date: 1921
Notated MusicA cholem hot sich mir gecholemt sheet music | 4 p. ; 35 cm. | "I have dreamed me a dream." Source: Heskes, Irene, Yiddish American Popular Songs, 1895-1950 (General). Sheet Music (Form).
- Contributor: Hebrew Publishing Company - Rumshinsky, Joseph - Shapiro, Herman S.
- Date: 1921
Notated MusicKishineff massacre sheet music | 10 p. ; 35 cm. | "Have Mercy-Frug's Poem on the Kishineff Massacre" inside front cover, "Translated by Herman Bernstein, author of "In the Gates of Israel"" Source: Heskes,...
- Contributor: Shapiro, Herman S. - Asna Goldberg Music Co.
- Date: 1904
Notated MusicThe European Jewish wedding sheet music | 22 p. ; 35 cm. | Seventeen selections: "Gutte Woch" ("Good week, greeting at the conclusion of the Sabbath"); "Zmiros" ("Table hymns for Sabbath"); waltz; polka; quadrille; "Kozaczka" ("Russian...
- Contributor: Hebrew Publishing Company - Shapiro, Herman S.
- Date: 1902