Notated Music Der Yud in Sabiesky's tsayten
About this Item
- Der Yud in Sabiesky's tsayten
- Contributor Names
- Perlmutter, Arnold -- b. 1859 (composer)
- Wohl, Herman -- 1877-1936 (composer)
- Small, Solomon -- 1868-1943 (lyricist)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Songs, Yiddish -- United States
- - Jews -- United States -- Music
- - Popular music -- United States
- - Traditional and Ethnic Songs and Music
- - Songs and Music
- - Popular Songs of the Day
- - Immigration and Migration
- - "The Secret". Libretto: Moses Horowitz. Performed by Kalman Juvelier. "The woman is heroic" ; "She does so much for others. Men may rule the world, but there can be no freater heroism, nor valor, than that of a woman." "The prayer shawl." ; The prayer shawl is the one garment a Jew possess throughout his life. At birth, it is sewn for him. A his bar mitzvah, he dons it, and then he wears it for prater the rest of his life. And at death, it shrouds his body in the grave." Source: Heskes, Irene, Yiddish American Popular Songs, 1895-1950. (General)
- - Der sod -- Di froy iz a held -- Der tallis (Content)
- manuscript score
- 41 p. ; 32 cm.
- Music Division
- LC Classification
- Music Division, Heskes Collection, Box 2 - 181
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Perlmutter, Arnold, Herman Wohl, and Solomon Small. DerYud in Sabiesky's tsayten.  Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200182042/. (Accessed September 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Perlmutter, A., Wohl, H. & Small, S. (1906) DerYud in Sabiesky's tsayten. [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200182042/.
MLA citation style:
Perlmutter, Arnold, Herman Wohl, and Solomon Small. DerYud in Sabiesky's tsayten.  Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200182042/>.