Notated Music Oif'n pripetshok An old Hebrew folk song
About this Item
- Oif'n pripetshok An old Hebrew folk song
- Contributor Names
- Kammen, Jack (arranger)
- Warshawski, Mark -- 1848-1907 (composer)
- Warshawski, Mark -- 1848-1907 (lyricist)
- Created / Published
- J. and J. Kammen Co., New York, New York, 1921.
- Subject Headings
- - Songs, Yiddish -- United States
- - Jews -- United States -- Music
- - Popular music -- United States
- - Traditional and Ethnic Songs and Music
- - Songs and Music
- - Popular Songs of the Day
- - Immigration and Migration
- - "By the fireside/at the hearth." "Learn the alef beys and study Torah. It will nourish your spirit for all of your life, my dear children." Source: Heskes, Irene, Yiddish American Popular Songs, 1895-1950 (General)
- sheet music
- 4 p. ; 35 cm.
- Music Division
- LC Classification
- Music Division, Heskes Collection, Box 12 - 1044
- Online Format
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kammen, Jack, Mark Warshawski, and Mark Warshawski. Oif'n pripetshok An old Hebrew folk song. J. and J. Kammen Co., New York, New York, 1921. Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200182406/.
APA citation style:
Kammen, J., Warshawski, M. & Warshawski, M. (1921) Oif'n pripetshok An old Hebrew folk song. J. and J. Kammen Co., New York, New York. [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200182406/.
MLA citation style:
Kammen, Jack, Mark Warshawski, and Mark Warshawski. Oif'n pripetshok An old Hebrew folk song. J. and J. Kammen Co., New York, New York, 1921. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200182406/>.
More Notated Music like this
Notated MusicZion heilige Belibst schoin eibib beim yid sheet music | 4 p. ; 35 cm. | "Zion, be ever with the Jew/within the Jewish heart." Source: Heskes, Irene, Yiddish American Popular Songs, 1895-1950 (General). Sheet Music (Form).
- Contributor: Small, Solomon - J. And J. Kammen Co. - Kammen, Jack
- Date: 1921
Notated MusicAuf'n pripetchok sheet music | 8 p. ; 35 cm. | "By the fireside/at the hearth." Performed by Cantor Yossele Rosenblatt Source: Heskes, Irene, Yiddish American Popular Songs, 1895-1950. (General). Sheet Music (Form).
- Contributor: Hebrew Publishing Company - Rumshinsky, Joseph - Warshawski, Mark
- Date: 1916
Notated MusicThe Jewish alphabet sheet music | 4 p. ; 35 cm. | Source: Heskes, Irene, Yiddish American Popular Songs, 1895-1950. Noted in volume as "Saul Schenker Co." (General). Sheet Music (Form).
- Contributor: Warshawski, Mark - Solomon Schenker Co. - Russotto, H.
- Date: 1917
Notated MusicDos lied fin dem broit sheet music | 4 p. ; 35 cm. | "The song of bread." "Almight God, grant us strenth to earn our daily bread, with the labor of our hands and the will...
- Contributor: The Jewish National Flag Co. - Brounoff, Platon - Warshawski, Mark
- Date: 1917
Notated MusicAuf'n pripetchik sheet music | 4 p. ; 34 cm. | Sheet Music (Form).
- Contributor: Rumshinsky, Joseph - Warshawski, Mark - Hebrew Publishing Co.
- Date: 1913