Notated Music Chave
About this Item
- Contributor Names
- Friedsell, Louis (composer)
- Small, Solomon -- 1868-1943 (lyricist)
- Created / Published
- Asna Goldberg Co., New York, New York, 1905.
- Subject Headings
- - Songs, Yiddish -- United States
- - Jews -- United States -- Music
- - Popular music -- United States
- - Traditional and Ethnic Songs and Music
- - Songs and Music
- - Popular Songs of the Day
- - Immigration and Migration
- - "The Deserter" "The Great Success of the Season" Source: Heskes, Irene, Yiddish American Popular Songs, 1895-1950 (General)
- sheet music
- 3 p. ; 35 cm.
- Music Division
- LC Classification
- Heskes Collection, C.D. Box 2 - 142
- Online Format
- sheet music | 3 p. ; 35 cm. | "The Deserter" "The Great Success of the Season" Source: Heskes, Irene, Yiddish American Popular Songs, 1895-1950 (General). Sheet Music (Form).
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Friedsell, Louis, and Solomon Small. Chave. Asna Goldberg Co., New York, New York, 1905. Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200185813/.
APA citation style:
Friedsell, L. & Small, S. (1905) Chave. Asna Goldberg Co., New York, New York. [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200185813/.
MLA citation style:
Friedsell, Louis, and Solomon Small. Chave. Asna Goldberg Co., New York, New York, 1905. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200185813/>.
More Notated Music like this
Notated MusicDie trehren sheet music | 3 p. ; 35 cm. | "The Great Success of the Season" "The Deserter" Source: Heskes, Irene, Yiddish American Popular Songs, 1895-1950 (General). Sheet Music (Form).
- Contributor: Asna Goldberg Co. - Friedsell, Louis - Small, Solomon
- Date: 1905
Notated MusicMensch hab kein sorgen sheet music | 4 p. ; 35 cm. | "as sung by the foremost stars of the Jewish stage: Jacob P. Adler and David Kessler" "The Greatest song-Hit of the season" Source:...
- Contributor: Asna Goldberg Co. - Rumshinsky, Joseph - Small, Solomon - Meyerowitz, David
- Date: 1904
Notated MusicMensh, o mensh sheet music | 6 p. ; 35 cm. | "Man, oh man" from "A year after the wedding" Performed by Leon Blank, Rosa Karp, and Samuel Rosenstein. "Man, you are a slave...
- Contributor: Small, Solomon - Friedsell, Louis - Theodore Lohr Co.
- Date: 1914
Notated MusicAs ich hob kein masel and Zum badekens sheet music | 8 p. ; 35 cm. | "Since I have no luck." and "For the veiling of the bride." "I am not lucky. All goes the opposite for me, no...
- Contributor: Hebrew Publishing Company - Friedsell, Louis - Small, Solomon - Shapiro, Herman S.
- Date: 1921
Notated MusicMoshiakh ben David sheet music | 8 p. ; 35 cm. | "Messiah, son of David." "Israel cries out for salvation and an end to oppression from the Hamans in every generation. May Almighty God...
- Contributor: Hebrew Publishing Company - Friedsell, Louis - Small, Solomon
- Date: 1921