Audio Recording The Farmer's Curst Wife
About this Item
- The Farmer's Curst Wife
- Contributor Names
- Davis, Asa (singer)
- Flanders, Helen Hartness -- 1890-1972 (speaker)
- Emrich, Duncan -- 1908-1977 (speaker)
- Created / Published
- Library of Congress, 1948.
- Subject Headings
- - Ballads
- - Irish--Music
- - Irish Americans
- - Vermont
- - Library of Congress
- - Washington (D.C.)
- - Songs, Irish
- - Folk songs, Irish
- - Child ballads
- - Traditional and Ethnic Songs and Music
- - Songs and Music
- - contemporary america (1945-present)
- - Immigration and Migration
- - Helen Hartness Flanders Collection (source)
- - February 27, 1948. (date)
- - Recorded at the Library of Congress. (venue)
- - This ballad is found in The English and Scottish Popular Ballads by James Francis Chilld,(1882-1898 )ballad #278, commony referred to as a Child ballad. (bibliographic history)
- sound recording
- 1 reel.
- American Folklife Center
- LC Classification
- AFC 1948/001: AFS 9127 A
- Online Format
- Forms part of "New England Balladry," a lecture and concert presented by Helen Hartness Flanders at the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C., on February 27, 1948. Helen Hartness Flanders Collection. sound recording | 1 reel. | Helen Hartness Flanders Collection (Source). February 27, 1948. (Date). Recorded at the Library of Congress. (Venue). This ballad is found in The English and Scottish Popular Ballads by James Francis Chilld,(1882-1898 )ballad #278, commony referred to as a Child ballad. (Bibliographic History). Sound Recording (Form).
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
Flanders, Helen Hartness
Library of Congress
Contemporary America (1945 to Present)
Immigration and Migration
Library of Congress
Songs and Music
Traditional and Ethnic Songs and Music
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Davis, Asa, Helen Hartness Flanders, and Duncan Emrich. TheFarmer's Curst Wife. Library of Congress, 1948. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196380/. (Accessed March 22, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Davis, A., Flanders, H. H. & Emrich, D. (1948) TheFarmer's Curst Wife. Library of Congress. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196380/.
MLA citation style:
Davis, Asa, Helen Hartness Flanders, and Duncan Emrich. TheFarmer's Curst Wife. Library of Congress, 1948. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196380/>.