Film, Video Gary Haleamau
About this Item
- Gary Haleamau
- Contributor Names
- Haleamau, Gary (performer)
- Haleamau, Sheldeen (performer)
- Created / Published
- Library of Congress, 2008.
- Subject Headings
- - Music--Hawaii
- - Dance--Hawaii
- - Hawaii
- - Nevada
- - Songs, Hawaiian
- - Library of Congress
- - Washington (D.C.)
- - contemporary america (1945-present)
- - Songs and Music
- - Traditional and Ethnic Songs and Music
- - Immigration and Migration
- - Homegrown Concert Series. (source)
- - August 20, 2008. (date)
- videorecording ; 70 min
- American Folklife Center
- LC Classification
- AFC 2008/012
- Online Format
- Gary Haleamau performs traditional Hawai'ian music from Las Vegas at the Library of Congress, August 20, 2008. videorecording | videorecording ; 70 min | Homegrown Concert Series. (Source). August 20, 2008. (Date). Videorecording (Form).
- Original Format
- film, video
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
- National Sampler: Nevada Audio Samples and Notes (The American Folklife Center, Library of Congress)
- 2008 Homegrown Concerts: American Folklife Center (Library of Congress)
- Songs of Immigration and Migration | Historical Topics | Articles and Essays | The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America | Digital Collections
- Printable Timeline | 1950 to Present | Timeline | Articles and Essays | The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America | Digital Collections
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Haleamau, Gary, and Sheldeen Haleamau. Gary Haleamau. Library of Congress, 2008. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196411/.
APA citation style:
Haleamau, G. & Haleamau, S. (2008) Gary Haleamau. Library of Congress. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196411/.
MLA citation style:
Haleamau, Gary, and Sheldeen Haleamau. Gary Haleamau. Library of Congress, 2008. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ihas.200196411/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoSreevidhya Chandramouli Sreevidhya Chandramouli of Portland, Oregon, performs vina music and Sanscrit songs of South India at the Library of Congress, August 20, 2009. videorecording | videorecording ; 64 min | Homegrown Concert Series....
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Sriji, Poovalur - Chandramouli, Sreevidhya
- Date: 2009
Film, VideoFlory Jagoda and Friends Flory Jagoda with Susan Gaeta, Howard Bass, and Tina Chancey, performs traditional Sephardic music from the former Yugoslavia and other parts of the world at the Library of Congress, 2007. videorecording |...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Chancey, Tina - Jagoda, Flory - Bass, Howard - Gaeta, Susan
- Date: 2007
Film, VideoAmuma Says No: Traditional and Contemporary Basque Music from Idaho Amuma Says No performs traditional and contemporary Basque music and songs from Idaho at the Library of Congress, July 14, 2010. videorecording | videorecording ; 59 min | Homegrown Concert Series. (Source)....
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Amuma Says No
- Date: 2010
Film, VideoWayne Newell and Blanch Sockabasin: Traditional Passamaquoddy Music From Maine Wayne Newell and Blanch Sockabasin perform Passamaquoddy songs and music at the Library of Congress, Septermber 16, 2009. videorecording | videorecording ; 65 min | Homegrown Concert Series. (Source). September 16, 2009....
- Contributor: Mundell, Kathleen - Library of Congress - Bulger, Peggy A. - Sockabasin, Blanch - Newell, Wayne
- Date: 2009
Film, Video" When the Saints Go Marching In" videorecording | videorecording ; 9 min | Forms part of Legends and Legacies: A Concert and Symposium Celebrating Joe Wilson and the NCTA Collection (Source). 4:3 Videorecording (Form).
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Sweet Heaven Kings
- Date: 2009